The updates to this edition are;
1. The common and scientific names, sequence of family and species, as well as the checklist at the end of the book, have been updated to follow Eaton, J.A., van Balen, B., Brickle, N.W. & Rheindt, F.E. Birds of the Indonesian Archipelago. Greater Sundas and Wallacea (2016).
2. These species are taken out in the 3rd edition as they are either migratory or island species.
- Peregrene Falcon
- Beach Stone Curlew
- Grey Plover
- Black-tailed Godwit
- Ruddy Turnstone
- Curlew Sandpiper
- Greater-crested Tern
- Common Tern
- Fork-tailed Swift
- Common Kingfisher
- Yellow Wagtail
3. These are the species added after taking out those species in 2 above.
- Pied Imperial Pigeon Ducula bicolor
- Bock's Hawk-cuckoo Hierococcyx bocki
- Large Frogmouth Batrachostomus auratus
- Collared Scops Owl Otus lempiji
- Bushy-crested Hornbill Anorrhinus galeritus
- Grey-headed Canary-flycatcher Culicicapa ceylonensis
- Bare-headed Laughingthrush Garrulax calvus
- Bamboo Bush Warbler Abroscopus superciliaris
- Sunda-Jungle Flycatcher Cyornis caerulatus
- Pale Blue Jungle-flycathcer Cyornis unicolor
- Snowy-browed Flycatcher Ficedula hyperythra
3. Errors in the earlier edition that come to light while updating.
Here is the cover, and it is now available in The Borneo Shop in Kota Kinabalu and other reputable bookstores.